Cinematography from the heart

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Happy New Year!

I started off this new year in Mexico riding motorbikes across the Baja desert! It was an amazing trip and one that I will never forget..... like them all really. We rode from Tijuana in the north to Todos Santos in the south over 13 days cruising through deserts, cactus, rock formations, valleys, over mountains and through rivers and farms. The scenery there was unbelievable at parts and the people were very friendly.

The most memorable things for me.......

The Cactus. They are over 2000 years old each! They don't start growing another arm until they are at least 80 years of age and the ones with multiple arms are really really old.


SCORPIONS! We went to a beach called 'Scorpion Bay'..... called that for a pretty good reason. Every rock you look under has a scorpion under it! This little guy was the biggest we found and it was as big as a 50cent coin. The smaller they are the more poison they pump out.


After the shoot in Mexico I met up with Gerard, Jacquie and Hayley in Los Angeles. We spent 1 day filming a dream sequence and the rest of the time Jake from Steriogram showed us around in his cool van. I went to Universal Studios and have some fun! Brian left me with the motorbike so I spent a week cruising around L.A in style. I cruised Santa Monica beach and then rode up over the Beverly Hills and along Mulholland Drive. It was so much fun and a really nice break. Jado, KC's Cousin let me use his apartment for a few days which was awesome of him!

In other news! I am the proud owner of the new Sony EX1! This camera creates stunning images and I am looking forward to filming a drama with it. We will be filming our next movie on this.

I have finally got my personal website going. I have been uploading photos to that each day and in the next few weeks i should have them all up there. I will try and arrange the gallery and do a little more design on the pages so that they are not so messy. But I don't know anything right now.... it took me 4 hours to add photos.

Right now I am getting back into the groove of a freelance cameraman. I am working on a couple of drama series at the moment. 'Outrageous Fortune' and 'Jacquie Browns Diaries'. I will be learning a lot from each of these jobs and I cant wait to get stuck in.

So thats a quick update from me. There are a hundred things happening at once.


later

lance

4 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My comments on the Ex1 is that is can be a pain to handhold. Solution: look at the VSB1 made by Studio 1. http://www.studio1productions.com/vsb1.htm

    While you still need your left hand to help suppor the camera, the brace makes it much easier to keep it steady when handholdling

    Danny

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On your blog it's still New Year... although it's Mid Year Christmas soon! :(

    ;) lg, Carrie

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So let's try to send the bear...

    Sorry, you have to click on my name, but then there it is!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!

    I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Matt

    matt@wefeelfine.org

     

Post a Comment

<< Home