Cinematography from the heart

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Singapore

I have been really bad at keeping up to date with me blogs..... and it is important for me to keep in touch with a lot of people who read this so I will try my best to keep it going from now on..... it is hard tho.

Earthrace came and left Singapore the other day. Tomorrow, I fly to my favourite country, India which i am extremely excited about. Just have to get my visa tomorrow at 4pm.... flights at 8.15pm...... hmmmmmm...... pushing it but it should be sweet!

The trip so far has just been amazing. The more countries you go to the better they become! It has changed me a lot.... more than anything else ever has..... and i hope it is for the best. The countries we have been to so far have been Panama, Guatemala, Mexico, San Diego, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Palau, Singapore and now on to India. We are not even half way around the globe and still have the most interesting stops to make! I have shot so much footage and going over it on my laptop makes me confident that this doco will be an extremely interesting watch.

Right now I am mentally exhausted and the travelling and shooting on no money at all is demanding and frustrating. But i love it! My favourite stop so far would have to be Palau. That place has something special about it and is absolutely stunning! I ended up doing some helicopter stuff with Roll em Productions in Palau and seeing it by air is something else! Singapore has been an interesting trip..... the boat left and most of the time i have been stuck inside the hotel room dumping footage, loading footage to TV3, Loading up blogs, loading up photos for my blog, loading up hi res photos, editing b roll footage, editing footage we shot of earthrace at the marina and sending emails, footage logging... so now i can go outside and see Singapore.

Marshall Islands was nice but very small. There was one road from the airport to the other end of the island. The island is shaped like a horse shoe and is only 100metres wide at the most! The marshallese are beautiful and friendly people. I went for a walk one evening at dusk and took photos of the local kids. There is a really nice feeling of community there which i dont think i have experienced anywhere else. Each night all the locals meet up and have games of volleyball, basketball and sing songs.... I wanted to join in but did'nt know what they were singing lol....

Hawaii was amazing also. The scenary of Maui's volcano's and the deep blue water. We cruised up the tallest volcano at dawn to watch the sunrise.... it was so disorientating because it looked like a little hill, yet it took 1.5hours to drive up it! and at the top the view was amazing! There was a weird cloud in the sky that looked like jet vapour... It was actually steam from a meteorite that flew accross the sky as we drove up. I got a great shot of the steam going over the horrizon. I also went whale watching and met Mele who was the greatest guide in the world! I hired a helicopter to go out and film earthrace coming in.... It was so worth spending the money because I got some pretty cool shots of earthrace flying through the water and dodging whales... that helicopter crashed a week later.

I am about to go and have one last drink with Joan, Angie, Arion and Rama who are the coolest bar staff ever! I am sad to say goodbye to them actually.....

Will post a photo of them on my next blog....

lance

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha~~Looks like a documentary film.Pretty good.Looking forward more stories.Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home