Cinematography from the heart

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Back to normal life

Well. What a trip!

I arrived in New Zealand yesturday after sitting in a plane for 24 hours with complete strangers resting their tired heads on my shoulders and a cute little girl (her entire family was coming to live in NZ) from Namibia, Africa crying and laughing at me all the time. Why is it, and i am sure Amit gets the same thing, that kids ALWAYS look at me and smile and laugh! Do i look radiculous or something? Dont get me wrong, i love it because i love kids but whey do they do that? I was in the supermarket once and this kid of about 2 pointed at me and laughed! hmmm, anyway.....

I've unpacked all my belongings already.... a sign that i have changed because a year ago i would have just left it on the floor in my room to rot. And, being back in New Zealand is a breath of fresh air... literally. During my travels I have now come to realize that New Zealand really is, the nicest place in the entire world to live and that the 4 million people that live here are the luckiest in the world. Just driving home yesturday i had a huge smile on my face because of how beautiful it is here. I am guilty of taking New Zealand for granted over the last few years and its not until you have travelled the world that you realise how amazingly fortunate we are.

Another thing that I have been contemplating over the last couple of months is how the world really needs help. Not just from a few individuals who want to make a difference, but from all of us who are able to. Education of the issues and what we can do to help is the key and I have made my mind up on how i will help but i hope it makes a big enough difference....

I met up with Tania and Andrew who were up from Queenstown. Was really nice to see them again and also, Max. man i missed them! I could'nt believe how much people have changed in the last 10 months! Amit is coming for breakfast this morning so cant wait to see him again. Will post photos up soon.

I plan to get fit again and start playing all my sports again. Will get into the routine of having at least one sport each night if i can.

And i do plan in writing a blog for each country that i was in over the next month or so....


later


lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home